Saturday, October 16, 2010

My 2 finishes

I had to make cloaks for a “do” my bonus son & i will be attending in a few weeks. I really hate sewing clothes. Luckily my Mum being a tailoress taught me things about clothes sewing as i grew up
photo's 5928
The pattern i bought said will fit from small to extra-large. Well this is the extra-large & it barely fits my bonus son.photo's 5929
Unfortunately the pattern doesn’t have fold lines on it to make a smaller cloak & i wasn’t cutting the paper down in size to fit me. So i had to “wing” it. It’s a little big around the shoulders & the hood but it will do for now until i find a better pattern that comes in different sizes. Only good thing about this pattern was it’s very simple to sew.
Jeanette

4 comments:

Joan said...

Well done - models really make it :)

Brigitte said...

You did a great job.
www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

You've done a great job! I really find it a chore to sew clothes now after quilting for so long! It's just not the same.

Kate said...

Hi Jeanette...Your flowers are looking great as always...have made a note of the new books...I have a few to catch up with first..xxx