Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My busy days

I've been busy with one thing or another the last few days. Decided Sunday afternoon i needed to do something different but what? I'd recently purchased the felt for the 2 candle mat patterns i bought & since Easter is coming up thought the chicken mat would be perfect. I prepared the bits & pieces for it Sunday afternoon & then spent Sunday night sewing it all together. I think i did an alright job considering i've never made anything with felt before.
 I also finished another Brutus stitchery. I think that is 4 done now.
I've also been working on my Tis The Season BOM. The stitcheries have been done quite a while but i've only just got the sashings on the blocks in the last week.
Blocks for March.
Blocks for April. I've also finished off a WIP & turned it into a UFO.:)  Dawn's Snowflake BOM from last year.
Finished embroidering the last 2 blocks on Friday, then Saturday i embroidered the 2" black squares & Sunday cut all the purple squares. Yesterday was spent putting it together along with the outer border on the applique basket quilt. I was going to start basting all the tops today but it seems i'm developing a migraine so i think it's off to lie down for me.

Happy Stitching,

15 comments:

Fee said...

Gosh you have been busy !! Love it all especially the little chicks - they are very sweet.

Hugs - Fee X

Linda said...

I don't know how you do it! You always get an amazing number of things accomplished!! Love your little chicks candle mat! Darling! Stitcheries are all so cute! Hope your migraine goes away!!

Narelle said...

Oh my! You've been super busy.
Lots of lovely finishes this month. I think that particular Brutus block was my favourite with the roses.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Busy, busy, busy and such lovely things to show for it! :)
xx, shell

Wendy said...

Wow, love your snowflake quilt. I like the embroidery on the little black squares and your colors are pretty.

Hope you're feeling better.

Wendy said...

Wow, you have been so busy and they all look beautiful. I love the chickens!

Valspierssews said...

The chicks are wonderful. Love the one with the spikey hairdo. You have lots of things on the go. I like that Tis the Season pattern.

Helen said...

Gosh I feel very tired after reading all about the wonderful projects you have been doing..... well done.

Helen

Chookyblue...... said...

you have been busy stitching Jeanette........looks great......

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your fingers have been very busy! Love the candle mat - I made the same one this year. Your Brutus stitchery is beautiful and your redwork is wonderful. Great colors in the snowflake quilt.

Red Heads said...

My gosh lady you have been busy. Such lovely stitcheries. I LOVE your wool duckie piece. Don't you love working with the wool? Have a great day. Blessings: Dianne Oh my gosh how could I not mention your snowflake quilt. love , love it. Purple is my favourite colour.Now I am done.!!!!!

Sheila said...

You sure have been busy Jeanette , love the little candle mat , just adorable and well as usual your stitcheries are beautiful, well done on all your great work !!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeanette, enjoyed reading your post..to see what you have been making....I love working with felt.....your felt Easter Mat is gorgeous....Regards, Lyn

Cat said...

I'm loving your Easter decorations - very talented :)

Cat said...

I'm loving your Easter decorations - very talented :)

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...