Saturday, September 20, 2014

Friday Night Sew In.

Taking advantage of a day to myself i started reasonably early.

I started by making this simple block. It's for a fellow blogger celebrating her 50th this year & asked for blocks to make a quilt. Great idea, i may borrow it as it also my 50th this year. :) Next thing to make is the 3rd block in the 6" sampler sew along.
That done it was time to work on THAT QUILT.
TA DA. Gossip In The Garden is officially a flimsy. What did i learn in the making? Never to make it at all. Joking aside i really did enjoy making the quilt & love it. Only hassle i really encountered was doing the mitres on the outside border. Not perfect but i don't care as the quilt is for me. After that marathon of doing the borders with the quick unpick & i becoming very good friends indeed i decided enough for the day(once the flimsy was photographed) & off to read a book. Last night i did pick up my needle & worked on the last snowman. I didn't do a lot as i was so tired.
Only a little bit to go.

Thankyou Wendy for hosting us again. Pop over to Wendys to see what the other ladies got up to last night.

Happy Stitching,




19 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Jeanette,
What a surprise your blocks are in purple. We'll done on the mitred corners,this is such a lovely quilt.
Happy days
Bev C

Cheryll said...

Love your garden flimsy...you'll enjoy it more as time goes by too!
New NaMe ??? or am I just noticing it? Looks great :)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Wow! You have been busy! Your gossip quilt looks beautiful.... worth all the angst xx

Anonymous said...

hi Jeanette what a good idea with the blocks and boy i love your quilt it is gorgeous and your stitchery is so cute,well done my friend on such beautiful work.xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Your gossip in the garden quilt looks great. I am still working on mine. Congratulations on a job well done.

Kim said...

Lovely work Jeanette.

Narelle said...

Great results Jeanette :o)

Fiona said...

I adore your quilt.... your blog looks different... or am I loosing it... did you change the name? I am confused whether I wasnt observing things properly... I have that christmas stitchery too... but I have only got as far as choosing the thread!
Hugz

KERYN B said...

Jeanette it is just GORGEOUS - well done you. No wonder you were tired when you were finished mitred anything is exhausting..

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I love your Gossip....

Anthea said...

Jeanette, Gossip is looking so so so good! Well Done, you've put in so much work...

Outback Craftaholic said...

You had a very productive FNSI Jeanette. Love your blocks and flimsy, and especially your snowman stitchery. Cheers, Tracy.

Terry said...

Your Gossip in the Garden looks wonderful! :0)

e said...

You've had a very productive day. Congratulations on your "flimsy". It's gorgeous.

marina said...

your gossip flimsy looks gorgeous.
good luck redoing your centre block. so many pieces!

Helen said...

Wow your quilt top looks fantastic.

Sue said...

Nice blocks and stitchery. Your quilt looks great.

Noela said...

Your Gossip quilt is beautiful Jeanette. Hugs.......

Vicki said...

Looks like you had an enjoyably busy day.

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...