Saturday, November 22, 2014

FNSI

Last night i joined Wendy & lots of lovely other ladies for FNSI. Well yesterday & last night actually. I'd spent the 2 previous evenings making a block up for the Bonnie & Camille sampler swap but i wasn't happy with it. When laid out it looked great but sewn together...no. So some reverse sewing was in order. Oh who am i kidding. A lot of reverse sewing meaning i took nearly all the block apart.
I'm a lot happier now with the layout. You can actually see that they are supposed to be cat's heads. Next i was desperately playing catch up with a Christmas sew along. I did catch up but upon getting up this morning found another block posted. :~
Off to the sewing room now to make the block & a bag. Once that is done i hope to get some other BOM's caught up, started on ect. Oh & a table runner i was supposed to make in a sew along a few weeks back but that plan also went out the window.

Happy Stitching,


14 comments:

marina said...

you have to be happy with your block so unsewing isn't a chore if it gets you the finished block you want, it looks great.
Love your sew along blocks too, pretty fabrics!

Melody said...

Love your block, it is gorgeous.

Fiona said...

well doen with persisting with the block.... it's lovely
Hugz

Allie said...

Ack I hate un-sewing - but they really do look like cat's heads, I noticed it even before I read it. Just lovely! I love your Christmas blocks too!

Karen's Korner said...

Cute kitties.

Anonymous said...

hi Jeanette you have done such beautiful work my friend,well done.xx

Hanna said...

Lovely blocks. I would never in a million years chosen those fabris together, but seeing your blocks -they really work and the look is great.

Sam I Am...... said...

You have been busy and it all looks fabulous! You go girl!

FlourishingPalms said...

Nice that you participated in FNSI! I didn't know it was still going on. Good motivation isn't it? You're getting a lot of nice sewing (and unsewing!) done.

Maria said...

I always seam to have to reverse sew too but it's ok if it works out in the end.
Love those SAL blocks..

Sue said...

I've popped over from FNSI and so glad I did. Those blocks are just gorgeous!

Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Great blocks.
It always hurts to reverse sew but the results are usually worth it.

Sharm said...

Looks like you managed to get quite a lot accomplished! I love those Christmas blocks you have made up....... And I totally get the " planned to do" stuff......really enjoyed popping over here from FNSI
Have a great week!

Josie said...

I'm tickled pink with those pussy cat heads! Love that block. Your Christmas blocks are looking pretty darn good too. Hope you manage to catch up. Don't want you chasing your tail on Christmas Eve! Santa will not be best pleased! :o))

National Quilting Day

 Yesterday was National Quilting Day & it was spent on Zoom chatting with lovely ladies from all over the world. Special thanks to Chook...