Sunday, July 5, 2015

My week

Not a lot of stitching happening here. I got the cleaning bug whilst we had some warm weather & gave the kitchen & lounge a thorough cleaning. Paid for it pain wise the next day. :(. 2 of my children said to me "it's not spring yet".

I did get this little stitchery done
number 7 in Jenny's lovely BOM A Vintage Kitchen.

Had a cook up in the kitchen yesterday. I started with lemon butter
2 batches netted me 5 jars. Then i made soap
I'm not sure if the weather is affecting it but it doesn't seem to be hardening up quickly like it usually does or maybe i didn't beat it enough. Guess i'll have to wait & see. Next on my list was to make ricotta cheese.
It turned out lovely. I've kept the whey for other uses. Whislt i was waiting for the curds to form & cool i made buttermilk scones for afternoon tea.
Served with strawberry jam & cream

I did stitch last night, i worked on the stitchery in my previous post.

Today i'm making lemon meringue pie.

Happy Stitching,



15 comments:

Narelle said...

A lovely stitchery and productivity plus at your place!
I'm paying for my gardening efforts of the outdoor kind ... not NJ :o)

KERYN B said...

Jeanette wow all go at your place. Nice to have that clean smell in the house but our knees aren't what they use to be are they? Loved all your cooking - would love to know how you made the ricotta it looks amazing..

Michelle Ridgway said...

My goodness! So many lovely things have happened at your place this past week Jeanette...lovely post x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette ,wow my friend you are truly amazing,so much lovely homemade food and an early spring clean,well done,enjoy your Sunday .xx

Cath said...

Wow....you were busy, busy, busy......and lots to show for it!

Sandi said...

OH Jeanette, if you run out of cleaning areas - my place needs some attention. love all your cooking - the soap looks interesting - is it hard to make...xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yummo your block looks great xxx

Maria said...

You have been a busy girl...
Hmmm! I'm coming over for some of that delicious food...

Käthe said...

Das sieht ja alles lecker aus !
Liebe Grüße
Käthe

Fiona said...

ooh my goodness... cleaning and cooking... you have been busy...

Hugz

Allie-oops Designs said...

Cute cute - I love this design by Jenny! You've gone and made me hungry, my goodness you're a talented cook. I can barely open a can.

Bev C said...

Hello Jeanette,

The colder weather does affect the drying time for soap. Love all that you produced from your kitchen this week. Your children could have helped with the cleaning if they were concerned it wasn't Spring!Enjoy the scones they look so yummy.
Happy days.
Bev.

Bev C said...

Hello Jeanette,

The colder weather does affect the drying time with soap. Love all the produce coming from your kitchen this week. The scones look so yummy.

Happy days.
Bev.

Chookyblue...... said...

I must learn how to make lemon butter......

Josie said...

What do I have to do to get an invite to tea at your place? :o) Those scones look scrumptious and lemon butter is my favourite. I'm so impressed with your ricotta... who knew you could make that at home! Now... if there's any of that lemon merangue left I'm on my way...... xxx

National Quilting Day

 Yesterday was National Quilting Day & it was spent on Zoom chatting with lovely ladies from all over the world. Special thanks to Chook...