Saturday, April 1, 2017

My stitchy week

I've been stitching another Gail Pan Christmas project which i finished earlier in the week.
After that i prepared more blocks for Mischief
The black & which pieces are the joining pieces for the purple blocks.

After that i went with a suggestion of using a different pink fabric for the last 2 rows in my pink, green white epp quilt as the lady i bought it from was short 2 pieces. So now when i add the last 2 rows i've only green octagons left over. Yay.
The lozenge shape papers were really wrecked by the time i got this far so i was lucky i have a Lucy Boston quilt i could pinch some from. Just have to remember to put them back. :) I prepped all these for a trip away next week. Not sure if i'll be going now thanks to all the flooding from Cyclone Debbie.

I felt like adding embroidery to my projects & found up a cute Fig 'n' Berry project.
The red ran unfortunately & i had to soak it. I had a little though running around that the fabric looked a little different. Yes it does. Grrr. The pieces were a cream tone on tone but now after soaking the finished piece looks white. As the red runs the other 4 embroidery pieces will most likely look white too.

Thursday i didn't feel like either EPP or embroidery so what did i do. You guessed it i started another project. This time hand piecing. I've wanted to make these for years & as i've all the scraps out for Ice Cream Soda quilt i decided to make a start.
I've been making 3" Klosjes (spools). I mentioned that it might be just a table runner & a friend told me "no go for a big quilt".  She did & it's beautiful but hers is 60" by 60" & used 400 Klosjes. We'll see. She did however have some left over & is sending them to me which i greatly appreciate. As much as i love handpiecing it's slow going & 400 is quite alot.

Happy Stitching,





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanette you have been busy i am just about to start the fig'n'berry wall hanging its a cutie ,and those threads what a buggar,i am going to make sure i wash mine before i use them.
I am loving your spool blocks,well done my friend,hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Narelle said...

Busy week ... lovely stitcheries and blocks.
I knew it was a good idea to have multiple choices to work on 😆

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been busy... looks fantastic

Anthea said...

Oh my god woman, could you get any busier?!
So sorry to read about your thread colour running... what a shame, because I know that brand is so popular.

Maria said...

You busy lady , you are working on a lot of lovely projects...

Pamela said...

Wow! Lots of progress on many things.

Michelle Ridgway said...

EPP is so addictive. Glad you sorted out your short dilemma. Very nice stitching. Boy you are on a roll xx

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Awww I just love Gail's reindeer!! They are soooo cute! 400 Klosjes.. oh my.. that would take me a lifetime! But I am sure it would look impressive! xx

Susan said...

busy busy...did you try a colour catcher??? Ive heard great thinbgs about them...bummer when threads run . .

BizarreQuilter said...

ooh, i love your different projects. especially, the Christmas stitcheries!

National Quilting Day

 Yesterday was National Quilting Day & it was spent on Zoom chatting with lovely ladies from all over the world. Special thanks to Chook...