Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Just keep sewing, just keep sewing

I had a brain blip the other night when i started on this set of 10. I sewed the to small shapes together & couldn't at first work out why i was short shapes when i knew i'd cut out 4. After an Ah ha moment i had a bit of reverse sewing happening & that was sorted.  I got up to sewing the 3rd pair together only to discover i'd sewn the small shape to the wrong side of the larger shape. Again reverse sewing. I felt like giving up & going to bed but i persevered & got the block together. I started on a 2nd but decided i would give up for the night as i wasn't really in a sewing mood. But since then i've got stuck into them & have nearly all 10 done.
Now onto the last 21 i proceed.

Happy stitching,

4 comments:

Susan said...

Don't you hate it when one mistake follows another??

Lots of cutting and gluing happening out there...there will be plenty to keep you occupied.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Not fun when reverse sewing happens! Lovely work in the end though x

Anonymous said...

wow jEANETTE YOU ARE POWERING ALONG WITH THESE,WELL DONE MY FRIEND XX

Allie-oops Designs said...

Girl, I would have given up the first time, lol - your persistence paid off, they're lovely!

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...