Yesterday i joined in FNSI & I started the morning by putting together a needlecase.
I had just chosen the fabric for the 2nd needlecase when little visitors arrived. So no sewing for several hours. I was tired when they left but i really needed to get the needlecase done so i sat & sewed. Then off to the lounge room to attach the binding.
Now to decide which to send in the swap. :).
After that i traced out a Halloween stitchery.
& put a few stitches in before bed.
After sewing the binding down on the needlecase i put together the next row for my new EPP project. There are 30 there.
Embroidery up next. I finished the flowers off in the jug & completely stitched the other from Send My Love bom.
Pop over to visit our lovely hostess Wendy & find out who joined in & what projects they worked on.
Ummm i might have started a new project. I'm in a FB group & one lady suggested we do a group challenge based on a quilt displayed in the VA museum. We are calling our quilt 1797 Revisited because that is how old the quilt is that is on display.
Another member asked a lady in Victoria to create the template & papers for us which was really good. As mine arrived yesterday i made a start last night.
After this photo i've started to add the next row. :)
I've had this quilt back from Fiona for several weeks & with the binding made but with life butting in i only got back to it Saturday. Then the beautiful rain made photo's impossible until today. Not that the sun was much better as i couldn't get a decent shot showing the fabric colours & the stitchery. Pattern was in an old patchwork magazine & is by Patchwork Rose Cottage (Judy Gray) called Cherry Ripe. My SIL bought each of us a kit from the shop so it wasn't my fabric choices. Not sure when i started this. Maybe early 2000's.
Last night i joined in Friday Night with Friends hosted by the lovely Cheryll.
Just a few things stitched. Around lunch time i trimmed back my little stitcheries for Send my Love bom & cut a background piece to applique some EPP to. Then onto a necessary but boring job which i'd been putting off - winding DMC threads onto cards. I only thought i had a few needing to be replaced but that few turned into about 20 & took me several hours. Just as well i have Netflix to entertain me. :) :).
The evening saw me me applique the stitcheries to the backgrounds.
Applique the EPP down
This is the front of a needle case i'm making for a swap.
Lastly i started doing the stitching on this panel from a ufo which i discovered to my disgust i had started on back in 2012.
I'd dragged it out earlier this week & have completed the front & back panels & i am now up to the small stitcheries which go on My Little Teahouse sewing bag. I'm hoping it isn't another 6 years before it's a finish. :) :).
Pop over to Cheryll's blog to find out who joined in & what projects they worked on.