Sunday, October 24, 2021


 First finish was the candlemat that gave me trouble. I quilted around the hexagons & then bound it.

Then it was cat tested for comfort.

Happy to say it passed. :)

Second finish is my black cat stitchery. I was going to put a border on it but decided it looked better without. I quilted in side the oval & around the shapes then added a black binding.

Third  finish is a little pincushion but i left off the pocket so that it is just a Christmas decoration.

Happy stitching,

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Halloween Runner

 Yesterday i finished my Halloween table runner ably assisted by Lil P

though she seemed more interested in what was outside than assisting me. :)

All done. 

Happy Stitching,

Monday, October 18, 2021

EPP candlemat

 After stitching down 3 of the rosettes on my EPP project Friday night i knew i was never going to be happy with the result (see previous post for photo). Hmm what to do. Reverse sewing again & have a think about how to fix it or a way to use up the rosettes in a different project.

Here is my solution.

I made the centre hexagon with real papers & stitched the little cross from the stitched designs in the rosettes.  I was lucky i had some scraps left over to use in the flower. The kit came with iron on hexagons & after the 1st time using them i said never again. Well i thought i'll give them one more try & that i think is where the problem lies that i had. Not able to get nice crisp edges all round & the last fold the edge can't be seen or felt. So the hexagons may have been a little out in size. I think i'll make another one using cardboard & see if they work better to make the star shape of the original pattern.

Happy Stitching,

Saturday, October 16, 2021

FNSI October

 Yesterday was FNSI hosted by our lovely Wendy. When Wendy told me earlier in the week it was time for FNSI on Friday i was a bit gobsmacked. Surely not i thought but when checking the calendar there was no getting around the fact that yes we are in the 3rd week of October & that this month is now nearly gone. Oh c__p that means in another month i'll have seen another year around the sun. :)

The first project i did some work on was this

I'd finished the stitchery & EPP a few days ago. All i needed to do was remove the papers, give it a good press & then stitch down. It's part of a quilt from Crabapple Hill & was going to get the whole pattern but after a good deal of thought decided on just the first block. Now to decide on how to finish it off.

Next i trimmed up the edges of my Halloween runner & cut some borders. 

I was going to finish the runner but my daughter asked me if i wanted to go over to the shopping centre & i said yes as i needed to get something at K-Mart. So back to runner today or tomorrow.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with the next project. I'd sewn 5 of the 6 EPP pieces Thursday night & despite marking the positions & careful pinning i couldn't get the 6th one to fit. Yesterday reverse sewing was in order. That done it was back to pinning & marking again with a small amount of fudging. I'm hoping once i'll be able to press it it will look better otherwise it maybe thrown in the corner & never finished. :)

Pop over here to see who joined in FNSI & the projects that were worked on.

Happy Stiching,

Saturday, October 2, 2021

FNwF October

 Well how did it get to October already. Anyhoo with it being the 1st of October yesterday it was time for Friday Night with Friends hosted by lovely Cheryll.

I had my day planned to start early but was interrupted & that just seemed to set to scene for the day. 1st my iron had melted felt on it which i didn't realise so it ended up on the back of a block i was pressing. Hmm how to clean that off. Managed to remove it so i could get back to pressing without fear of more icky stuff on my block. 1 blessing i guess if you can call it that was it ended up on the back & not the front. :). So what went wrong next. Oh yes i sewed the first row to the 2nd row on the wrong side so reverse sewing was in order. Was it over yet? no after the top was together i found i had placed 2 blocks together that weren't supposed to be. Darn i was following the designers photo carefully or so i thought!! Well that was that the block was staying there. Oh there was some quilting issues which involved reverse sewing but i got there in the end with possibly some swearing & thoughts of throwing the quilt in the corner. lol

Sew what did i make.

Temecula Quilt Co started a sew along back in March 2019. I made the first blocks on Saturday March 30th. Followed along faithfully & finished all the little blocks, bought the blue fabric & of course it was shoved aside to make my next UFO  project. 

Fast forward to 2021 & it was getting close to the front of my basket of UFO's that i've been working through. One day several weeks back i cut out all the blue triangles & borders along with fabrics for another ufo so that when they hit the front of the basket they were ready to go. 

So there you have it one finished small quilt. Blocks measure 3" finished. 

Pop over here to see who joined in FNwF & what projects were worked on.

Happy Stitching,


 I started FNSI making bias strips. I had several pieces left from when i made the blocks that were long enough to use so i counted how many...