Saturday, September 22, 2018

FNSI September

Thankyou Wendy for being our lovely hostess for FNSI

I had hoped to be sewing binding onto a quilt yesterday but it wasn't meant to be. Instead i started out to repair my poor quilt. Wear & tear had seen the embroidery thread holding down the leaves & flowers disintegrate.

I started with the red blooms & sadly discovered more things need stitching down then i originally thought. Some of the gold pieces, little black spots & the bird bath in the centre are also lifting up because the vliesofix has also disintegrated. After i get all the applique sorted out the binding will need replacing.

So that was my evening for FNSI.

 Pop over to Wendy's blog to find out who joined in & what projects they worked on.

Happy Stitching,

Thursday, September 13, 2018

UFO finish

The blocks in this quilt were made in a sampler bee through Instagram back in 2015 for fans of Bonnie & Camille fabrics. I think most if not all the block patterns also came from Bonnie & Camille patterns. I think i put the top together last year.

 I sent it to Fiona to be quilted & it arrived back Monday just so beautifully quilted. Yesterday was binding day. I had hoped to get a 2nd quilt bound that also arrived back on Monday but i had 3 small visitors so the 2nd quilt awaits me.
My block is the centre one 3rd row.

Happy Stitching,

Saturday, September 8, 2018

FNwF September

Yesterday i joined in with our lovely hostess Cheryll  in this months Friday Night with Friends.

I started early & first up was to prep this months Snow Happy Hearts block. It was stitched down later in the afternoon will watching Netflix. Pop over to visit Shez, Karen & Joan to see what their hearts.

2nd on my list was to finally trim back last months Send My Love bom sticheries & turn the edges under ready to stitch. That done they were appliqued later on in the evening as well. The backgrounds were also trimmed back.

3rd on my list was to add the bias binding to baby "C's" banner.

4th project was to cut out a banner i stitched months ago, add the backing & then the bias along the top. The bells were stitched on during the evening.

5th project was to add borders, wadding, backing, quilt  & then binding this free stitchery from Michelle. Binding was stitched during the evening.

Last project was one i stitched a month or so ago. It is from Fig n Berry Creations. I added borders, wadding, backing, quilted it & sewed on the binding & it also was ready for the pile of projects to work on during the evening.

That was my busy day of sewing. So glad my project pile has some what shortened. Just wish my ufo list was being shortened as well.:).

Pop over to Cheryll's blog to see who all joined i last night & see what projects they worked on.

Happy Sewing.

Vintage Sewing cushion

 Vintage sewing cushion was another pattern i bought many years ago after seeing one made. I purchased fabrics ect to make it & had my S...