Yesterday Chooky hosted a Chookshed Bithday Zoom to celebrate having her shed for 10 years Ladies from Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, Norway, USA & England all popped in.
The other day i had one of my ufo's out to stitch together. I already knew there was a slight problem with the sizes. Stuff up number one - i didn't cut the blocks larger than what the size said. I should've remembered that this designer doesn't give larger cutting size to cut back. The blocks weren't to badly out or so i thought. Well they didn't play nice when sewn together. I tried cutting back a little to see if that would help. A big fat NO. So i pondered a while & decided to cut them an 1" shorter all round. The finished hanging would be smaller but all the blocks would still fit the layout.
Thursday saw me trimming back. All was going fine or so i thought when i had about 3 or 4 blocks left of 23. Stuff up number 2- there are 2 blocks each in rows 2 & 4 are cut on a 3/4" line & i merrily cut them all that way when i suddenly realised the rest blocks should measure 7" by 9" not 7" x 8-3/4". Damn
Friday saw me tracing out the 10 incorrect cut blocks & start to restitch them.
Saturday on Zoom i finished the first one
& the next started
as each one is done i'm going to make sure i cut them to the right size.