Monday, October 18, 2021

EPP candlemat

 After stitching down 3 of the rosettes on my EPP project Friday night i knew i was never going to be happy with the result (see previous post for photo). Hmm what to do. Reverse sewing again & have a think about how to fix it or a way to use up the rosettes in a different project.

Here is my solution.


I made the centre hexagon with real papers & stitched the little cross from the stitched designs in the rosettes.  I was lucky i had some scraps left over to use in the flower. The kit came with iron on hexagons & after the 1st time using them i said never again. Well i thought i'll give them one more try & that i think is where the problem lies that i had. Not able to get nice crisp edges all round & the last fold the edge can't be seen or felt. So the hexagons may have been a little out in size. I think i'll make another one using cardboard & see if they work better to make the star shape of the original pattern.

Happy Stitching,


6 comments:

Julie said...

I think it looks great with the little centre hexie Jeanette. I have never used iron on hexagons before but I think you may be right ... sounds like they may be out in size a fraction which would throw everything out for you.

Jeanna said...

I love hexies even though I have never made them. It's a process I need to learn. Your project is looking very nice.

Fiona said...

great readjustment... that looks pretty....
Hugz

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I like the new setting, very pretty! You were busy Friday night! xx

dq said...

Fantastic Hexi design and colors. I love reds!

Chookyblue...... said...

my epp is crappy with those iron on papers........they are terrible......goodluck......

FNSI April

I made an early start for FNSI hosted by Wendy  . First up were the tiny nine patches. 3" 1- 1/2" I've wanted to make a scrapp...