Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Quilt/craft show




I had a great day attending the craft/quilt show at the Brisbane convention centre. I met up with Joy & her friends for lunch. It was great to see Joy again. I received her great new bag pattern Ric Rac & Roses so of course i had to find some lovely buttons for it. I bought 2 heart buttons & 2 hearts buttons which have rose patterns. I've put them on the pattern in the photo. I am making some Christmas cones so found the needed jingle bells & very small buttons for those. Then spotted a pattern from another of my favourite designers & just had to have that - Bronwyn Hayes Christmas Baskets. Lets see what else? A lovely candlewicking pattern of Crinoline Ladies & the necessary needs of a needleturn applique - freezer paper. Oh and a tool i discovered from my SIL which helps making perfect half square triangles. And last but not least some cute little bows to decorate my doorstop bags. Oh i did forget the last thing bought, 2 pencils for my daughters which have cute little animals attached to the top. So as you can see from the photo i didn't spend much. :) Ahhh the quilts on display - what can one say except they were just fabulous. A great pleasure to walk amongst them & admire them all.
Jeanette

1 comment:

Joy said...

It was great to catch up with you again Jeanette :o)!!! Went back to the show again today, bought more stuff!!!

nine patches

 Somehow i have gotten behind again with my nine patches so yesterday i sat & sewed & i am all caught up. Week 12 week 13 I think i ...