Monday, November 26, 2018

Advent calendar & snowmen

With time running out i made myself get to the sewing machine & make my GD an Advent calendar. She's only little yet i know but i wanted her to have one since her brothers do too.

Next was to make some little snowmen
The reason for these is i was talking to my daughter about an idea i seen on Julie's blog about using snowmen in the pockets rather than lollies or toys to mark the days off until Christmas. She said she'd much rather the snowmen & i agreed.

Here is how one looks in the calendar
The grandies should have fun with this counting down to Christmas.

Today i need to finish adding the binding onto a quilt from yesterday(i didn't quite get it sewn down before bedtime),sew Miss C's Christmas stocking together & put together 4 ornaments. :).

Happy Stitching.

7 comments:

Cheryll said...

The snowman idea is a great one... love it...
And you are on fire with Christmas sewing ATM... xox

Julie said...

Your advent calendar is just beautiful Jeanette. My friend got me to make the snowman for her felt advent calendar & I too thought it was a great idea ... I may even "copy" it for my grandson as his parents would not want the pockets filled with sweets either.

Pink Rose said...

I love the grandies having advent calender's too Jeanette,she will have a ball with it next xmas,well done.

Fiona said...

Great advent calender... and I just love the snowmen to go in the pockets...
Hugz

Raewyn said...

Great idea with the snowmen in the pockets - hmmm, you've got me thinking now...!! (next Christmas maybe!)

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thats a lovely idea Jeanette xx

Karen S said...

Your advent calendar looks great and I love the idea of putting the snowmen in the pockets. Lots of fun there!

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...