Saturday, December 19, 2020

FNSI December

 I joined in with our lovely hostess Wendy for the last sew in of 2020. Whilst the year went exceedingly fast it also seemed to drag out. Contradictory i know but that is how it felt. Now that the year is almost gone i'm touching wood, crossing fingers & toes & anything else hoping that 2021 is a hell of a lot better year than this year has been.

I had to put aside my sewing plans for yesterday. I had an appointment after which i was going to sew but my daughter called & asked could i watch my grandson for her whilst she got a few things done. We had a pleasant afternoon but by the time he went home i was too tired to do much.

GS had bought a little craft box with him & wanted help making up a couple of things to give his Mum & Dad. I didn't get a photo of his little tree he did but i did manage a photo of the wreath before he put it all away. :)

The picture on the side of the box showed enough ribbon to go around & have a hanger. There wasn't. I had barely enough to get around the foam ring. I found up some ribbon in my collection to give it a hanger. The same with the Christmas tree, not enough green tinsel. I found up some green ribbon so GS could finish it off so the foam cone couldn't be seen.

I did a little sewing on Libby Morgan before i quite & went to bed with a headache.


Pop over to visit Wendy to see who joined in & what lovely projects they chose to work on. Thankyou Wendy for hosting us again this year.

Happy Stitching,

9 comments:

Susan said...

The end of an interesting year...

Good you could help out with the supplies - that is a cute wreath and will be treasured.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Karen's Korner said...

Nice team work there. Well done to you both.

Maria said...

Sew special to do crafting with your GS. Cute wreath he made.
Nice to get a little of your sewing done. Do hope your heads better today.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lucky for G S Grandma has good craft supplies....the wreath is very cute xx

Fiona said...

the year has been so challenging for so many.... one thing on top of another. lovely little ornie made with adjustments... lucky you have some supplies on hand....
Hugz

Julie said...

That little wreath is so sweet Jeanette. I am always tired when my grandson goes home too - I always have grand plans but usually collapse in a chair!!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Your hexies are pretty.

Vicki said...

Loving the look of the Libby Morgan.

And its always great when your craft supplies are just the thing required, although it is a shame the kit didn't live up to its billing. Luckily all GS will remember is a great day of crafting together.

Susie H said...

What a good Grandma you are to have all the good stuff to help GS finish his projects! Very sweet. Libby Morgan is looking beautiful!

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...