Saturday, May 22, 2021

FNSI May

 Last night it was time for 

hosted by our lovely Wendy who celebrated a birthday & offered a lovely free stitchery to print out. Pop over to her blog to find the stitchery pattern.

I make plans in my head as to what i'll sew on these cyber sewing Fridays but as usual when i get up i find my mojo has let me down again. I have little desire to do much crafting at all. Even at night when i usually handstitch i do little.

I did do a little crafting yesterday though.

I added the last 3 hexagons to this flower. It is the 2nd of 2 flowers i made this week that form the top & bottom of a pincushion which is a wee bit larger than i thought it would be, :).

Next up was this little project.

I'd bought this hexie box a year or so ago. It comes with the fabric to make 7 hexagons, iron on templates(which i really don't like at all), iron on transfer for the centre hexagon to be embroidered & several pictures of ideas what to do with your finished flower.

I'd cut out the 6 hexies ages back & ironed on the transfer as well. As i glued the edges down i found it not to be easy when there isn't stiff carboard to fold the fabric around.

I then embroidered the centre. I found i was having a hard time getting the embroidery centred on the iron on hexagon but got it eventually. It was then i made a mistake. Not sure exactly what happened but as i was cutting it out i cut to close to the embroidery so now there isn't enough seam allowance on 1 point. 

Not to worry i'll embroider it again as it doesn't take long to do & applique this one onto something so that it's not a total waste.

Happy Stitching,

10 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

It's rare for me to sew of a night. Usually fall asleep..... Should try again.... Pretty fabrics in the hexies.....

Helen said...

Pretty embroidery and fabrics, look forward to seeing it put together.

Karen's Korner said...

Hexies are such a great "pick up and put down" project. Nice work.

Fiona said...

loads of lovely hexagons...
Hugz

Susan said...

oh darn - but worth recovering...soon a FO instead of a UFO!

Julie said...

All your hexies are so pretty Jeanette. Are those Tilda fabrics in your first pic? I hope you are able to fix your mistake. I don't do alot at nights now either - my eyesight is not great. I find some simple stitchery or knitting simple dishcloths is all I can manage. xx

Sharon Kwilter said...

It's OK to not feel like sewing. It's supposed to be for fun, afterall. I'm sure you'll be back and going strong sometime soon.

Raewyn said...

Sorry to hear that your mojo is letting you down. However your hexies are lovely and the wee stitchery in the entre is gorgeous. Glad you were able to re-stitch that one ok.

Narelle said...

It's nice to have a project that you can pick up or put down as your mojo ebbs and flows xx

Karen S said...

Lovely work on the hexies. Hope you can use the one with the skinny seam for something else.

Teeny weeny things.

 The tiny bug has bitten. :) :). I saw a post on IG yesterday about making diamond hexies with 3/8th" hexies. Hmm i have some of those ...