Sunday, June 12, 2022

Festive Flocks

 My red & white quilt "festive flocks" is officially a flimsy. If there is anymore mistakes they are staying there. I finished it off yesterday & posted a photo on various medias & it was kindly pointed out to me that some of my flock had decided to fly different directions. Shit, seriously how did i not notice that when pressing the blocks & laying them out to see which blocks i'd like where as there are some brighter reds than others & i wanted to try & separate them where possible. So all photo's taken down & back to the machine to rectify my mistake. 3 rows in 3 blocks upside down. :(.  Silly thing is whilst putting the top together i though several times "i hope all the birds are round the right way" but instead of stopping & checking i just kept merrily sewing.

Anyway about the top. I changed how the sashings were added. The patterns said to cut 18- 1/2" & 20-1/2" sashings which i did. They were added to sides & bottoms only. I then read about how the border was done after looking at the picture & wondering why there was a little square in on corner. Hmm i didn't like that so refigured how the sashings would be added so that i could add borders in one piece. Then another light bulb moment. Why not one long sashing across the quilt between each row. So that is what i did & now i have a pile of left over strips i needn't have cut in the first place if whoever had designed the quilt did the same as me. :)

Top measures 62" square. I had considered adding another 3 blocks to make it rectangle. If i had cut them when i did the other blocks i may have done but by the time i did the last blocks i was ready to move on to my next quilt.

happy Stitching,


5 comments:

Fiona said...

Perfect... did you say "Oh Flock!"..... haha.... its a great pattern... so different...
Hugz

Maria said...

Pleased you finally got Oh Flock sorted and finished.

Susan said...

I missed the wrong blocks - but this does look great - a wonderful pattern - mmm cetainly a bit of "oh Flock".

Karen S said...

This is a gorgeous result. I have enjoyed watching the blocks come together and now to see it as a flimsy is wonderful.
And of course red and white is perfect.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Well I probably would not have noticed the flocks flying in the wrong direction!! I did the same on the wedding quilt I am making though - one row the wrong way and a lot of unpicking :( xx

Anzac day 2024

  They shall not grow old, as we are left to grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.  Lest We Forget.