Saturday, October 8, 2022

FNwF October.

Yesterday was FNwF hosted by Cheryll & although i did join in unfortunately it was not a good health day for me so i just faffed around with a few projects.

They are mostly UFO projects that needed some thing done so i could move them along to completion. First though i refilled my UFO basket. My sister asked me how many UFO's i have & i said " too many to poke a stick at" Lol.

This isn't a UFO but it needed trimming back

then i prepared the next 5 blocks for this project

Next was a BOM from several years back that i did all the blocks for but left the borders for "another time". :)

I made 3 attempts to iron on the patterns ready to stitch but despite careful pinning & pressing these were the results



 The papers moved. :(. You'd think i'd give up after the first attempt but i was determined to try & get them ironed on as it involves a lot of tracing otherwise. So have i given up now, yes i have. I've chucked out the fabrics & will now trace out the patterns.

Next was this freebie from Hugs and Kisses back in 2019. I've still to choose fabrics for it but at least the stitcheries are now ready to applique down. Might need a shopping trip for those fabrics though. :)

 
Next is the project from a stitch along on blogs from several years back. I finished the stitcheries but some needed to be cut back & the ovals need to be made ready for applique. It made it to the head of the UFO pile but i wasn't happy with the fabrics i'd put aside to finish it so a trip to my LPS is in order.

So despite faffing around at least some of my UFO's have moved along in their state of readiness to be finished.

The Christmas stitchery i've been stitching was up to here last night when i sat down to stitch


and here when i went to bed

Pop over to visit Cheryll to see who joined in FNfW

Happy Stitching,








11 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

Any progress is good, however small.

Lin said...

Seems like you had a busy time to me - all that organising and planning to shop! Nice stitching, you have moved that along well. xx

Maria said...

OMG you do have LOTS of UFOs.. good luck getting them done …
Shame about the iron on tracing.

Karen's Korner said...

It looks like a lot of things were given attention with good progress on the stitchery.

loulee said...

Lots of little bits of progress all add up to big progress. LOL

Susan said...

I think that is a lot of progress for a bad health day!

I've recently listed my UFOs in a spreadsheet and added dates when I want them done by...too many to mention and heaps to do before Christmas.

Annelein said...

Love to see all the stitcheries...

Cheryll said...

Sorry for being late... but NiCe to have you join us as always...xox

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You got a lot done! Such pretty stitcheries and it is so annoying when it moves on you when tracing, isn't it. I hope you are feeling better xx

Susie H said...

It's a good night when we get organized. It'll be so much easier to finish a few projects since they're current in your mind. When you finally sat down you made good progress on the tree!

dq said...

Sorry it is frustrating and challenging. It is beautiful though.

nine patches

 Somehow i have gotten behind again with my nine patches so yesterday i sat & sewed & i am all caught up. Week 12 week 13 I think i ...