Saturday, March 4, 2023

FNwF march

Yesterday was FNwF & i started early. Last November i had appliqued pears to make a small wall hanging & i was about to make it up when i had my accident. Fast forward to yesterday & I chose that project to finish.

The morning saw it put together & the evening the binding sewn down & some hand quilting around the pears.

Design by Gail Pan.

After that i pulled out "It's A Redwork Christmas" By Rosalie Quinlan Designs. I had 4 blocks to trim back & despite reading the cutting directions i became a bit dyslexic & cut 1 block wrong so it will have to be restitched. :(  3 blocks now have borders. 



It's going to be a large quilt when done.

Pop over here to see who joined in.

Happy Stitching

12 comments:

Fiona said...

The pears are so lovely... gorgeous little quilt. What a shame about cutting that block wrong.... I bet you told yourself a bad word!
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

It is amazing what can be achieved with an early start. Love the pear wallhanging. Cute stitcheries....annoying how those instructions seem to change from paper to brain.

kiwikid said...

Your pears are lovely, bummer about the cutting, the bordered blocks are lovely.

Michell said...

Looking good. A shame about the block but I am certain many of us have done it before too.

Susie H said...

Your pear quilt is very pretty and I'll bet it feels good to finally be able to have it finished. Sorry about the one rogue stitchery but the 3 remaining ones look good!

loulee said...

Love your pears. I did a blue version a few years ago, I might have to make another colourful version. LOL Your stitcheries look great.

Karen S said...

Great to see your pear wall hanging completed. Lovely work and a great design. ( I have it tucked away for later!)

Susan said...

Lovely pear hanging.. The Christmas quilt looks lovely - shame about the mis-cut block - hopefully you can use it for something else.

Jeanna said...

You accomplished a lot on Friday. I love the pears!

Maria said...

Like all your pears and lovely stitcheries..

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Those embroidered blocks are the prettiest...so sorry you cut one wrong. Thank goodness for seam rippers!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Duh, I forgot to mention the pears which I was really smitten with. They are lovely! I'm sure a lot of work went into both those projects.

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...