Wednesday, January 29, 2020

2 little finishes

I finally got back to my daisy table mat from a few posts ago. All I needed to do was iron the backing on, trim to size & then stitch the 2 pieces together. Not real happy with it as the backing kept fraying. I'm lucky the wool front didn't.

Still it looks good & I'm so glad that the kit I bought so long ago is now finished & not still languishing in a box.

Next I finished up a little bonus project from the Christmas BOM I was doing last year.

It will just be a decorative teatowl.

Happy Stitching,

7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great feeling when you finish a languishing UFO, isn't it? Love the daisy placemat.

Cheryll said...

Daisies are always such a HaPPy flower... & your mat will be a great addition to a table. Well done...xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely daisies....feels good to bring life to UFOs...well done xx

Maria said...

Sew good to have two lovely finishes....

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Such a great feeling to finish a UFO, don't you think? Well done on your finish :)

Fiona said...

so good to get an old project done.... it's lovely, pity about the silly fabric for the back.... love the tea towel idea....
Hugz

Karen S said...

Great finish with the daisies. They are delightful.
And the tea towel is lovely, too.

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...