Saturday, October 3, 2020

FNwF October

 Holy heck how did it get to be October already. First time ever I think that I can say I'm glad the year is nearly over. Hoping 2021 is a heck of a lot better than 2020.

Anyway yesterday was time for FNwF hosted by lovely Cheryll. I sometimes think I'll just give up on doing anything on the Friday sewing days as my plans seem to go out the window. My fault yesterday for dithering around. Ah well.

I decided to sit down in the afternoon & drag out my long neglected Libby Morgan quilt. The hexies had been made ages back & all I needed to do was to choose fabric for the centres & then sew them altogether. I surprised myself & made more up than I thought I would. 😊😊.

I  think I need to draw myself up a plan to dedicate some evenings to EPP,  some to stitcheries & some to applique instead of just embroidering all the time. I need to get my ufos done & dusted though a lot of them just need me to sit at the machine to finish them off. After seeing what my SIL left unfinished as we've been sorting through her craft stuff to sell off it really made me sad & the realisation that I need to get my stuff sorted out.

Pop over to visit Cheryll to see who joined in last night & what their choice of lovely projects were worked on.

Happy Stitching,

12 comments:

Maria said...

Such pretty hexies you got sewn together Jeanette...
Yes it is sad when so much is left undone... I'm busy trying to work on my UFOs but each time I finish one I find more?

Fiona said...

Do keep joining us at FNWF... even if it gets a little bit done it is still a focus to get your crafting out..... even working on UFO's there is always more to be done....
Hugz

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty hexies. I think we are all looking forward to the calendar roll over to a better year. Hang in there and take care.

Narelle said...

Lovely hexies Jeanette xx

marina said...

beautiful Hexies! some lovely fussy cutting there too.

Susie H said...

It is a sad job going through someone's (sewing) things and realizing what we may be leaving behind for someone else to figure out. I've had a few guild friends pass away and I've been saddened about it also. When reality hits, it hits hard sometimes. On a brighter note, you've got some pretty hexies going. Will enjoy watching you progress on them!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I love your hexies and it is good to be able to work some things that have been there for awhile. I think we all get overwhelmed at times...and right! What the heck, seems like we just said goodbye to August and here it is October already....what did we do with September?

Radka said...

Your hexie flowers are looking very nice,xx

Raewyn said...

Well done on the hexie tally Jeannette. I can't believe we're into October as well! Yes, I worry about all my unfinished things too - they tend to accumulate don't they?!!

Julie said...

Your hexies are lovely Jeanette - I find it quite methodical stitching hexies. Yes I agree & you know when we turned the calendars over to 2020 I thought it was going to be such a great year !!! How wrong I was.

Susan said...

I think a plan is a great idea - You don't have to do whats on the plan...but it does help you focus.
MY sympathies to you for your SIL - Going through other peoples craft stuff is never fun - what to keep - where to take it - who it give it to??

Cheryll said...

Your flowers are gorgeous Jeanette... and I'm sorry that you have to go through your SIL "stuff" as that is NeVeR easy.
Thanks for joining in FNwF again...xox

Teeny weeny things.

 The tiny bug has bitten. :) :). I saw a post on IG yesterday about making diamond hexies with 3/8th" hexies. Hmm i have some of those ...