Monday, January 3, 2022

The bear's new quilt.

 Last time my GS was over we started to make a small quilt for his bear. He chose 6 x 6" squares & sewed them together. Today he asked could he finish his little quilt. I found some wadding for him & a piece of backing. Last time i asked how he wanted to quilt it giving him a couple of options & he went with grid quilting.

So with GS pushing the pedal & me helping guide the quilt off we went. Left the drawn lines a couple of times but overall he was happy with it. Next was finding some binding. He went with a piece of aqua homespun i had leftover. I sewed that down for him as he thought that was bit more complicated than he was prepared for :). Rather than hand stitching the binding down i decided i'd have a go using the machine to do it. I wasn't that keen on my first attempt at it but GS was happy so all is well.

So the bear should be warm tonight. Lol.

Happy Stitching,


9 comments:

Maria said...

You made a gorgeous quilt for your Bear 🐻 GS with the help of Gran.

Chookyblue...... said...

What a fun project to do with your grandson.....

loulee said...

He did a great job.

Fiona said...

very cute.... great achievement for GS...
Hugz

Julie said...

How wonderful Jeanette ... I would love my grandson to learn to sew & to craft with me. He did ask me if we could craft but that was just as I was about to dish our Christmas dinner (!!!)

Jeanna said...

How fun! Making memories and a cute little quilt for bear.

Karen S said...

Great idea for an activity together.

Susan said...

The important thing is that he helped make it! and it fits the need perfectly.

Janice said...

The bear will be snug. It sounds like you both had a fun time creating the little quilt.

Anzac day 2024

  They shall not grow old, as we are left to grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.  Lest We Forget.