Tuesday, April 19, 2022

FNSI/EWSI Part 2

 Saturday i joined in an impromptu ZOOM with Chookyblue & ladies from all over the world but what to sew? Hmm i ended up doing the big stitch quilting on my background hanging for the little seasons quilts. Quilting on it Saturday evening & also Sunday evening saw that completed & the binding added Monday.

 
Now i can hang the Autumn stitchery.

 

On Saturday i also traced out Spring & Summer stitcheries.


Though you'll have to take my word for it. No matter what i tried they just didn't photograph very well.

Sunday saw me faffing around trying to decide what to do with the 10 little Christmas stitcheries from the Love & Hugs Designers on Facebook from 2020.

I had thought to make a banner but decided the blocks looked to big after adding borders. Runner it is then. I put it together with the white squares & left it to quilt Monday. But i'm not happy with it so some reverse sewing will be in order. I've already unpicked some of the quilting. I'd sewn across the white squares so they had an x pattern but when the binding went on the stitching wasn't in the corner under the binding. So out it came.


It's rather long so i had to take 2 photo's. Not sure about that dark green fabric at all. My plan now is to possibly add a red square to the centre of the tone on tone. 

Happy stitching,




7 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

You have captured Autumn in your stitchery. It is amazing how much time we spend "fluffing" around with a project.

Maria said...

Nice background for your season minis…
Oh decisions decisions, not easy sometimes!

Lin said...

The autumn finish looks lovely and nice work for your weekend. xx

loulee said...

I hope you get the table runner sorted out, just how you like it.

Raewyn said...

It looks like you had a good weekend sorting out your sewing - it looks like the runner will come together nicely in the end! I love that Autumn stitchery - I might have to hunt Gail's book down!

Cheryll said...

oh NiCe... hope it works the way you want it to...xox

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice to catch you on zoom .... Good idea to make the runner......

Teeny weeny things.

 The tiny bug has bitten. :) :). I saw a post on IG yesterday about making diamond hexies with 3/8th" hexies. Hmm i have some of those ...