Saturday, August 5, 2023

FNwF August

 It was FNwF yesterday hosted by Cheryll.  I decided to make the RSC blocks for August, yellow fabrics having been chosen earlier in the week i started with the bowties. 

Those 6 finished & as i'm pressing them thought "hmmm something is wrong with these" Darn i made white bow ties not yellow ones. :( Now to find a use for them.

 Back to the cutting mat i go making sure i cut 2" yellow squares this time. :)
Those correctly done i moved on to making the churn dash blocks. No wrong cutting with those but i did only cut 2 yellow rectangles per block instead of 4. :) I was beginning to think i shouldn't have been sewing at all. That being an easy fix i proceeded with sewing.
By that time i'd had enough of sewing. Lol.  I just pottered around for a while & then in the evening i started the 2nd Christmas hanging that arrived yesterday morning. From Fig n Berry creations Christmas club.

Pop over here to see who joined in.

Happy Stitching,



12 comments:

loulee said...

Your blocks turned out great.

Julie said...

The blocks look great Jeanette. Love them either white or yellow!
Another lovely stitchery you have started. xx

kiwikid said...

I thought your white bow ties were very clever, then I looked at the next photo! All the blocks have turned out great.

Lin said...

Haha, I am sure your white bow ties will come in useful somewhere. Lovely yellow ties and churn dashes and you have made a good start on your new embroidery. xx

Maria said...

Good to have made the right Bow Tie blocks after your OOPS..
Nice Churn Dash ones and good start on the stitchery.

Fiona said...

Well done with your yellow blocks....

Hugz

Cathy said...

Well, those first reverse-color bow tie blocks may be “misssssssssnakes”, LOL, but they sure are interesting!

Dorothy L. Wills said...

Love churn dash blocks! Maybe I'll add it to my rsc list for next year again. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

Looks like you were having one of those days! Pleased it all turned out OK in the end.

Chantal said...

That blooper is something I would do too. Don't worry; just make a lemon meringue pie with your lemons. If you add six more bowties with a yellow background, you will have enough for a doll quilt. I would go with blue but that's just me talking out loud. You got them right in the end and some lovely Churn Dash too. Enjoy! ;^)
P.S. I like what you do and would like to follow your blog but I can't find a "follow me" button. Help, please.

Jeanna said...

Maybe the white bow ties could go in a pieced backing? I'm sure you'll find a good use for those blocks.

Susie H said...

Some days you wonder why you even try to sew. Then you remember: it's for your sanity! hahaha! Good job at getting all yellow done properly. Hope you're having a good week!

Nine Patch Monday.

 Thought i'd better catch up seeing that tomorrow is Monday in the US & Reproquiltlover will show us the next block from her antique...