Monday, February 22, 2010

Journal Cover.

I recently admired a journal cover on Jenny's blog. Jenny said if she got enough interest she'd make it into a pattern. I asked Jenny if she would do so. To my surprise i received an email asking if i would "test" the pattern for Jenny. Imagine my thrill. I was so excited that i didn't re-read my email to make sure i'd not made any mistakes typing my reply. :). After some soul searching as to whether to buy "special" fabrics thereby breaking my promise to myself about not spending willy nilly this year or use my stash i went with "stash-busting". Here is my finished journal.
The front. Oh i forgot to tell Jenny the button was one from the little bag of purple buttons i received in the Advent swap.
And the back with embroidered rose. I'm also making the little bag to go with the journal. The bag is featured in this months Australian Homespun.
Hugs,
 Jeanette

8 comments:

Wendyb said...

Oooooo, I'd love to visit your stash Jeanette....you have such lovely fabrics!!!....and how lucky to test such a lovely pattern!
I love it!
sugary hugs XX Wendy :O)

Sheila said...

How sweet Jeanette , you did a fine job of the journal and also your stash is just a little smaller ;-)Love the handwork on it as well .
hugs,Sheila

Joy said...

Gawjus work Jeanette ... as always :o)!!! That's such a cute pattern too :o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Gaizie said...

That is just so lovley Jeanette..well done on your finish...Peg OPAM 2010

Kim said...

Very nice Jeanette!!!!!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

You made it so pretty! Thank so much, Jeanette!! \o/

Khris said...

Very pretty and purple Jeanette...well done...hugs Khris

Cath Ü said...

As usual you did a terrific job Jeanette..... and in your favourite colour too...
Caths Blog
Cath Ü

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...