Saturday, November 6, 2021

FNwF November

 Yesterday i joined Friday Night with Friends hosted by Cheryll.

My day started with a little housekeeping, repairing a skirt. Not my favourite thing to do but if i want to wear the skirt i must repair it. :)

I'd recently finished an applique Christmas runner so i found wadding & backing for it. My daughter was coming over for help sewing some faux leather pencil cases & i nearly finished the quilt before she arrived. Unfortunately despite the test run working on faux leather scraps the actual cases didn't sew together well. I hope she figures out what to do as i think there was about 10 in the pile to make.

Back to quilting & binding after she left.

That done i started stitching a little "joy" banner from The Raspberry Rabbits.


That was my day. Thankyou for hosting us Cheryll.

Pop over here to find links who joined in.

Happy Stitching,

11 comments:

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Essential sewing is never as much fun as our quilting or stitching. Love your Christmas table runner and I look forward to seeing your new stitchery.
Enjoy your weekend x

Maria said...

Always good to get the must do sewing done and nice to help your DD with her sewing too.
Cute table runner and a great start to the stitchery…

Karen's Korner said...

Repair work is always boring but necessary. I hope your daughter can work out how to sew up the pencil cases.....disappointing for you both.

Janice said...

The table runner turned out great. I hope your daughter can work out the pencil cases.

Susie H said...

Sweet runner. Sorry the pencil cases didn't work out. Faux leather seems hard to sew to me so no tips here. Have a great weekend!

Julie said...

Gosh your table runner looks beautiful Jeanette. I hope your daughter manages to sew the faux leather - I really dislike working on anything like that - even thick denim does my head in 😉

Fiona said...

Mending is never as much fun as stitching something... hope the faux leather sewing sorts out....
Hugz

Sharon Kwilter said...

I like your table runner. Pretty.

Raewyn said...

The runner is gorgeous - what a fun piece. I hope the pencil cases can be worked out especially if your daughter has so many to sew!

Jeanna said...

Your table runner is adorable! You've got me wanting to start some holiday projects.

Cheryll said...

Thanks for joining in FNWF. I really like what you worked on too...xox

Anzac day 2024

  They shall not grow old, as we are left to grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.  Lest We Forget.