Monday, February 21, 2022

Singer machines

 My lucky day today. This gorgeous machine came into my possession. I've been hoping to get a Featherweight 222 but they were either to expensive or to far away for me to look at before buying. 

Whilst away in New South Wales dealing with the passing of my Mum a local to me in Queensland lady put the machine up on Facebook. I thought darn i've missed out again. Well the machine was still there next morning & she'd even lowered the price. :) Still i thought what to do as there was no one at home who could look for me. I decided to message her to explain about my situation & luckily for me she was quite happy to wait until i could go & look today. YAY.

Here she is.

 

1957 Featherweight 222. Now i have a matching pair as i bought a 221 a few years ago.

Happy Stitching,


11 comments:

Maria said...

WOW ! And she looks great… does she have a name!

Janice said...

Lucky you. Sometimes things are meant to be.

Karen S said...

Wow, that is special. Right place, right time.

Natureluvr57 said...

She looks like she was well cared for or stored nicely. I got mine about 5 years ago. She's a 1948 and I named her Betty Lou after my Aunt that did beautiful sewing. Clothes, drapes, etc and I wish she was still here so we could get together for a Sew In. She lived about 6 hours away. I followed a great place on FB before I quit but they have a website. singer-featherweight.com and if you click on Schoolhouse, then maintenance & tutorials they have an abundance of information. I bought a new pedal because the old ones have been known to catch fire and if it's not up to par it can slow your machine down. I also bought her an LED light & several other things. Right now they have some You Tube videos about restoring the case which I hope to do someday. I've tried Irish Spring soap, all kinds of sprays and it still stinks something awful. Most cases do and it has to do with the type of adhesive they used. Nova Montgomery has maintenance tutorials also. Enjoy her!

Jeanna said...

Congratulations!!! I love my featherweight and could easily become a collector. Hope you get much enjoyment from this beauty.

Fiona said...

lovely little machine...
Hugz

Julie said...

A wonderful machine Jeanette & I'm so pleased you were able to purchase it eventually. xx

Susan said...

Lovely - a Lucky purchase.

Chookyblue...... said...

what a lucky find and that the lady held it for you.........have fun sewing on her.........

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I'm so glad the lady held it for you... I am sure you will have lots of happy hours sewing with her! xx

Helen said...

LUCKY you she is beautiful.xx

Anzac day 2024

  They shall not grow old, as we are left to grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.  Lest We Forget.