Saturday, January 7, 2023

FNwF January 2023

 First FNwF for 2023 hosted by Cheryll. Thankyou Cheryll for having us again this year.

 I'm taking part in a doll quilt swap so i started my day early by choosing a pattern & fabrics for it.



All cut out ready to sew. I had to take a break after this as standing on one leg is tiring & painful. :)

Years ago i bought the pattern star a day & some fabric to start it but like everything else put it away for another day. I got it out thinking i'd make a start this year but i haven't enough background fabric. It needs 8 metres. I did consider it as an option for the doll quilt, just making enough for a 20" by 20" quilt. Whislt debating if i will make a years worth of stars & therefore needing 8 metres of background fabric i've made a start & have 2 made. :)

They are tiny stars. When finished they will measure 3".

Last night it was back to my embroidery. I'm determined to finish this bom. I think this is block 14 out of 23/24.


 

I stitched the top of the vine, the side under the vine, the top of the pillar box, the bird & started the girl before trundling off to bed.

Pop over here to see who joined in.

Happy Stitching,1    




14 comments:

Fiona said...

You got a heap done, I love the little doll quilt you are going to make and the stars will be stunning... cute embroidery....

Hugz

Cheryll said...

Your "doll" project will be wonderful... & the embroidery is a cutie.
Thanks for joining in FNwF again in 2023... xox

loulee said...

8 meters! That will be a huge finished quilt. Your stitchery is lovely.

Susan said...

Love coin quilts - I use it all the time for baby quilts now.

I think you can probably go with various backgrounds for your star a day just so you don't need to buy so much!

Susan said...

just looked at your pattern again - well maybe not a mixed backing - but its a lovely pattern!

Jeanna said...

Your hand embroidery is so pretty! You made the most of your Friday night.

Karen's Korner said...

Good progress made on all projects.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Going to be a l9vely doll quilt and the embroidery is sweet xx

Maria said...

That is a lovely stitchery BOM you are working on.
The Doll quilt will be cute.
Sweet stars too.

Lin said...

Nice variety there - Those little stars look so cute. xx

Julie said...

Your doll quilt will be lovely Jeanette. Gosh 8 metres of fabric - that sure is a lot!!! Would be a huge quilt I'm thinking??

Janice said...

That’s a pretty good effort. I think I would be settling for a mini star quilt. That way you have worked on the pattern, but don’t have it hanging over your head.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Pretty. Are those stars hand-sewn?

Susie H said...

I saw that pattern and knew I did not have the stamina to do that one. I think 48 is plenty. Sweet embroidery. Time to get all the blocks finished!

Anzac day 2024

  They shall not grow old, as we are left to grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.  Lest We Forget.