Sunday, January 8, 2023

Seeing stars.

 Yesterday i thought i'd do 2 stars to try & catch up since it was already the 7th day of the year. I ended up making 5. :). Now i'm all caught up. Not a great photo as the fabric with the black star is actually pink.

I'm not really happy with them as i just can't get the centres aligned right despite careful stitching. So maybe i won't make the full size quilt. I had bought a starter pack of fabric for the stars & it has 16 pieces in it. I think i can get 3 stars out of each piece. I may have a background fabric in my stash i can use if i only make 48 stars. I'll have to keep thinking about it but i'd better hurry up & make up my mind about size as the fabric i'm looking at for the background of a full size is on sale.

Happy Stitching,


8 comments:

Janice said...

Good luck with them. They will be cute.

Susan said...

It's a pretty shape . . .

have you tried it by making two half pieces then joining?? not that I am an expert.

Karen S said...

You are very patient. I wouldn't last trying to put them together.

Lin said...

The stars are great. Yes, getting all the points to align is tricky. Susan's suggestion is how I would work it. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

They do look lovely but its frustrating when you have difficulties...Susan's tip may be worth a try x

Jeanna said...

I know nothing about assembling the stars but they sure are pretty. I'd purchase the fabric while it is on sale. Backgrounds are always a good idea to have on hand for any project that may pop up.

loulee said...

They are very pretty stars. I'm sure you have already tried the method Susan suggested or making two halves then joining those, in an effort to get the centre correct? I can be no more help than that, sorry.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

They look pretty to me! I've never made them, they look fiddly but I they also look well worth it! xx

Anzac day 2024

  They shall not grow old, as we are left to grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.  Lest We Forget.