Saturday, February 4, 2023

FNwF February

 My FNwF hosted by Cheryll started early. Ably assisted by Miss P

I chose this UFO to work on

I made all the quarter square triangle blocks but discovered some weren't the right size. Not sure what went wrong as i was careful with my sewing. I'm thinking my 1/4" foot is needing to be replaced. I'll find another use for that little stack of blocks & try & make more today. Hopefully with better luck. :) 

It was just to hot yesterday to try to keep sewing. :( Around 38 degrees celcius with a lot of humidity.

Later in the evening i picked up the doll quilt to finish quilting the borders


All i needed to do was quilt from halfway down red stip on the right side, the corner block, along the green strip & then the last corner block on the left. As you can see i just have a small bit to go. Yay i should be able to post it off to the USA next week,

Pop over here to see who joined in. 

Happy Stitching,

9 comments:

Fiona said...

What a pity about the blocks.... hope you have enough fabric to redo. Yes hot and humid and you are hotter and humider than us.... The doll quilt is gorgeous...
Hugz

Karen S said...

Those HST blocks can be tricky and very fiddly. I am sure they will come in useful another time.

Maria said...

So annoying when we make blocks the wrong size...
Hotter here yesterday,44, but thankfully a dry heat. Hate humid.
Cute Dolls Quilt.

Karen's Korner said...

How annoying about the blocks. Your assistant is doing a great job there.

Lin said...

Shame about those blocks - have you checked that your needle is in the right position? I would have thought it more likely that it is out of position than the foot wrong. The doll quilt is looking great. xx

loulee said...

Shame about those blocks. Sometimes I will make blocks a little too large on purpose so I can cut them to size.
Cute helper.

Cheryll said...

That's a great effort for FNwF...
Thanks for stopping in...xox

Jeanna said...

Quarter-squares are such a challenge for me. I cringe when I see them in a pattern. Your doll quilt is coming along nicely. It will make a nice gift.

Janice said...

It is tricky quilting when it is stinking hot. You did well with your mini. I’m sure you will find something to use the reject block in.

National Quilting Day

 Yesterday was National Quilting Day & it was spent on Zoom chatting with lovely ladies from all over the world. Special thanks to Chook...