Saturday, May 16, 2020

FNSI May

Yesterday I joined lovely hostess Wendy for FNSI.

During the week I thought a lot about the blocks I trimmed last Friday & came to the conclusion that I didn't want more hangings. I need tablerunners more. Thursday i got them out to see how many i would need to use to fit my large table & found I'd miscounted & i had 24 blocks not 20. 12 blocks was too long so each runner would have 10 & i wiĺl find another use for the other 4. But what to do for the in between blocks ? I decided a 9 patch would work for me.

Friday morning i searched in my cupboard for a pack of fabrics I had stashed away. Not sure why i bought them but I think they originally were for the quilt as you go hexies.

I laid the blocks out on my bed to try & get an even mix of blocks as quite a lot of the blocks were sayings. I turned away for a moment & when I looked back I found this.
Guess she thought I hadn't pressed the blocks enough. 😊😊.

Several hours later all 9 patches made, some reverse sewing on one of the runners & voila, 2 runners made.
I'll bind one of them with pink & the other either blue or green. Thinking of the other 4 I might make a little table mat using the hexie quilt as you go method & fill the spaces in between the stitchery ones with plain fabric hexies. I had hoped there was enough 9 patches left over to make a small runner but there wasn't.

Moving onto another "old" ufo I pulled these out of a folder but after trimming a little I still don't know what I'll make with them as they are all different sizes. Bronwyn Hayes of Red Brolly included Brutus in a lot of her work & one year gave these ones out free but with no finished plan. Maybe I'll make a collection of Brutus cushions.

Come evening I finished the embroidery of the rr panel I was stitching last week. Now it can get into the mail & I just hope it doesn't take ages to get to the USA.
 Last thing before bedtime I got back to one of the Love & Hugs from Australia blocks.  I stitched the orange pieces & then put a few stitches into the dragonfly just as Inferno finished.

Pop over to Wendy's blog to see who joined in & what projects were worked on.

Happy Stitching,

8 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Great work on your table runners....nice to have too many rather than not enough! Always l loved Bronwyns stitcheries x

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty runners. We have to be proud of ourselves and all these UFO's that are now seeing the finish line.

Sam I Am...... said...

You are amazing! I don't get that much done in a month! I love the runners. What sweet embroidery too.

Gail said...

Wow, You were busy! Such lovely work.

Sharon Kwilter said...

What a lovely project. I'd be worried about those stitchery projects getting stained. LOL

Karen S said...

You achieved a lot with your stitching. Lovely idea to make the runners. great result. Good luck making plans for those other blocks.

Susan said...

busy busy!!! I see you have used all the blocks now - well done - with the Brutus ones...maybe you could border them to make them a consistent size then join them into whatever size it ends up being. good luck with it.

e said...

Lots of pretty projects.

FNSI April

I made an early start for FNSI hosted by Wendy  . First up were the tiny nine patches. 3" 1- 1/2" I've wanted to make a scrapp...