Saturday, May 9, 2020

FNwF #2

Yesterday I joined in FNwF #2 with our hostess Cheryll.

First up I needed to get my block started for a round robin I'm participating in. I had a slow start as my pattern only just arrived. Theme is seasons & we could choose 2 or all 4. They could be 16" blocks or rows. I was going to go with individual blocks of the seasons but when searching the web for ideas I came across a pattern that gave me a smile. I've chosen to to have all 4 seasons for my hanging. I decided to start with winter as we are coming into that season & this pattern for a little light heartedness in these trying times.

 I spent time in the morning putting the block together as another "rule" was pieced background.

The afternoon/night was then spent stitching some of it down. I've not done buttonhole applique in ages so I think my vliesofix is a little old. Everything was attached nicely but when I went to start sewing I found quite a bit had started peeling free. 😔.

After that I got out these blocks I'd stitched many years ago & trimmed them up. I was looking at them last week trying to decide what to do with them. The original pattern was quilt as you go hexie bom to make a large quilt. I don't want to do the stitcheries as hexies. I didn't end up buying all the patterns so i only have 20 blocks. I think I'll go with a wall hanging. Either a 4 x 5 or a 4 by 4 & turn the other 4 into a small runner.

Also before I started on my RR piece I cut out background pieces for a block of the week of joined. It's run by Fig n Berry designs & comes out every Monday for 23 weeks. The choice is pdf or Lisa will send a paper copy with iron on transfer. I went with off & I've now traced to first 2.

I haven't started them because I've been stitching the Love and Hugs blocks, reading of doing puzzle books. I traced another 2 of those yesterday as well.

And if I get bored with all that I have these, which arrived yesterday, to entertain me.
 Righto I'm off to find a board to put one of them on.😁😁.

Pop over to visit Cheryll to find the links to who joined in last night & what projects they worked on.
Happy Stitching,

12 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

It looks like you have plenty to keep you busy for sometime to come. Enjoy the jigsaw puzzles.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely Season row Jeannette. My you have lots of lovely things to be working on. Funny how those UFOS hide from us....

loulee said...

So many projects to chose from. Enjoy your puzzle.

kiwikid said...

Lovely seasonal row, you have lots of lovely stitching projects happening. Enjoy that puzzle.

Sharon Kwilter said...

That is a huge pile of embroideries. I look forward to seeing how you decide to finish them.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Gorgeous stitcheries and those puzzles look like fun. Have a lovely Sunday x

Maria said...

You seam to be enjoying lots of fun projects Jeanette..
The puzzles will keep you busy between sewing...

Radka said...

You have been busy :-)
xx

Susie H said...

What a lot of fun projects, beautiful stitcheries! You have got a lot of fun in store!

Karen S said...

You have been very busy. The RR block is looking great. And all those little finished stitchery blocks will be lovely in a wall hanging. Good luck with your new projects.

Susan said...

Lots to keep you busy - those hexagons look familiar!!! I think I've stitched a lot of mine as hexies but not joined anything - maybe one year. Sometimes you just move on . . .LOL...or get bored.

Cheryll said...

You've certainly got heaps to keep you busy until this isolation is lifted.
Thanks for stopping by for FNwF again...xox

Anzac day 2024

  They shall not grow old, as we are left to grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.  Lest We Forget.