Sunday, September 12, 2021

Hexagon Stars

Although the stitches are still in i can start sewing again. Must say i got a shock when i saw the Dr's handywork on Friday. The lesion wasn't very big but my scar is about 1-1/2" long & has about 7 stitches in it. I'm guessing the incision was so long so that all the cancer was removed & he had enough skin to sew together so a skin graft wasn't needed. Even so i didn't think he would cut so far up my hand. :(

I'd made up all my hexagon stars so last night i started making up a row. Still not sure how big it will be. Hoping a nice lap size. I have 40 stars made up & will need to lay the m out to see if the plan in my head will work & if i need more rosettes. Then i'll need to see how to finish edges & if i want a border.


Happy Stitching,

5 comments:

Julie said...

Your hexagon stars look great Jeanette. I do hope the hand heals up really well for you & they managed to get all the nasties.

Terry said...

I'm glad you're on the mend! Your hexagon stars are looking good! :0)

Maria said...

Pleased your healing and can sew those lovely stars again.

Fiona said...

hoping the hand heals up fully and well, it's amazing how big they do need to cut sometimes...
lovely sewing... it's going to be very lovely once done..... does that mean all the UFO's are finished now you are making new things?????? haha

Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck.........hope it heals well.......maybe there was some roots going back into the skin further.......

Anzac day 2024

  They shall not grow old, as we are left to grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.  Lest We Forget.