Thursday, April 20, 2023

The Taming Of The Ufo's ......

 .......continues. :)

I've appliqued the stitcheries onto the tree so it's now ready to quilt. Not sure how i want to do that yet.


These blocks were next in the pile. One just needed borders, another a background to be pieced & as i went to iron it down to applique i realised it needed a flower & leaf added. I vaguely remember having to remove them when i did the stitching. lol. The others borders for hexies to be appliqued & the other applique & embroidery.




As i only bought 5 blocks from this quilt project i will need to figure a setting for them once i've finished the applique & embroidery. I have heaps of B & C fabrics/scraps so at least i'll have matching fabrics. I'm thinking a 9 patch setting using churn dash blocks or something simple.

Yesterday i took out these remaining 4 blocks from a set of 20 i had. I looked back through photo's & found i'd made 2 runners from them back in 2020. Oh dear. Those blocks had been hanging around longer than that though. :) I went with a simple 9 patch to join them.
I'm hoping the dye that ran will wash out with a colour catcher when i wash the runner.

The other project from yesterday is a recent ufo. I was making this for Halloween last year but no matter which way i tried sewing it together the blades looked twisted. I had 3 goes before i chucked it aside. I thought if it didn't work this time i was chucking it in the bin. Just the quilting & binding to do on it now.

My small ufo projects basket is slowly emptying (wish i could say the same for the large projects) & it's a lovely sight to see but this morning i was looking in another basket to see what was in there. Hmm a stitchery ready to stitch( placed in wrong basket) & a half finished project. Sigh. Oh well at least it was only 1 ufo. Well unless you count my Mum's apple core ufo. :) then it's 2. lol.

Happy Stitching


4 comments:

Susan said...

My word - you are on a roll...I don't seem to have a lot of little finishes - all mine are big - and it's so much easier to do new stuff!!! LOL

Lin said...

A nice variety of projects there - and good to get them moving along. xx

Fiona said...

you are really getting through the different projects.... there will be new things started soon!
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

your doing well with the stitcheries........lots of great projects being worked on.......

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...