Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Rainbow Scrap Challenge May

 Oh is for orange & apparently i have very little orange fabric. I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find enough for 12 blocks. 2 blocks are actually leftover scraps from my Halloween quilt. There was just enough in one piece for a bow tie block & enough in the other for a churn dash with a small scrap over. :). I forgot i still had some of the African print stashed away so that was a lucky find to add into the Churn Dash blocks.



Last night i finished this embroidery. The pattern was just the stitchery no finishing instructions.
It will be a wallhanging. I just need to work out what i want to do with the borders.

Happy Stitching,


12 comments:

loulee said...

Your RSC blocks look great.
Cute stitchery.

Lin said...

You have done well with your orange - not a colour I have much of either. Shall probably go more gold and rust. Another lovely stitchery. xx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful blocks and cute stitchery.

Susan said...

Quick off the mark with your RSC - I've done mine but a few posts to do first.
I did struggle a bit with Orange I Spy ...hopefully, next month is easier...LOL

Fiona said...

You are quick with your orange blocks.... I'm not sure I will ahve a big range either...
Hugz

Julie said...

That stitchery is so darn cute Jeanette. My Mr would just love your blocks as his absolute favourite colour is orange!!

marina said...

the orange blocks look very pretty.
gorgeous stitchery too. Early prepping for christmas is always fun

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

your orange blocks look great...even if you were hitting rock bottom!

Susan said...

Good oranges! A lot of mine are Halloween, but only a few obviously so.

Chookyblue...... said...

Nice orange blocks.... Esp the churn dash blocks.....

quiltingbydawn said...

Your orange churn dash blocks and bow ties look good in orange. Using every bit of scraps is what the RSC is all about!

Sara said...

Orange has been a bit limited for me too. Your churn dash blocks are terrific in orange.

Anzac day 2024

  They shall not grow old, as we are left to grow old; Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. We will remember them.  Lest We Forget.