Saturday, May 20, 2023

FNSI May

 As yesterday was a sew in day hosted by Wendy it seemed a good time to finally put the binding on 2 quilts i'd recently sent to Fiona to work her quilting magic on.

1st quilt was Hannah & Harrington. It was a free pattern from Michelle of The Raspberry Rabbits many years back. I'm so happy i's finally a finish. Watching Godzilla in the afternoon saw the binding hand stitched down.

I gave it a wash this morning because when i was rinsing my tracing pen out of a couple of the blocks the red felt ran. The colour catchers did catch some colours but some of the red is there to stay in the fabric. Oh well i'll live with it. :)

Next quilt was a bom several years back. The pattern was Round We Go by Sue Daley. All EPP then appliqued onto background squares. I'd initially been going to get it in the usual types of fabrics until i saw a store offering it in Halloween fabrics.
I can't remember what i watched after Godzilla but i started hand sewing the binding down then took a break about 7 pm for shower & dinner, watched BH&G followed by Moving to the Country but at 10 pm i called it quits with about a 1/4 left to sew as i had a raging headache which i didn't want to turn into migraine.

Yay 2 more finishes off my UFO pile. Umteen dozen to go. :) :) lol. and trying hard not to add any as i reduce the pile.

Happy Stitching


10 comments:

marina said...

Beautiful finishes!
love your Round we go quilt, it looks gorgeous.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You're a very fast quilt binder to get that much done. Love your circle quilt (I'm a sucker for circles).

kiwikid said...

Well done on the finishes, binding is a relaxing part of the quilt I find.

Julie said...

You are doing amazing with all your finishes Jeanette. I especially love the rabbit quilt ... you are probably the only one that will ever notice where the red has run. Just gorgeous & would be lovely in an Easter display. xx

Sharon Kwilter said...

Both projects are amazing! Congratulations for the finishes.

Fiona said...

Thats a lot of binding on one day! both are lovely quilts and it was fun to see the detail you put in- I loved the fussy cutting on the EPP one.... I did H and H as well - such a cute one...

Hugz

Susan said...

Well done on your two finishes...I don't think I could spend that much time binding on one hit - but well done you!

loulee said...

Two lovely finished quilts.

Raewyn said...

Awesome job finishing two quilts!! I made Hannah and Harrington as well and took quite a few years to finish it :-) Round We Go looks really fiddly - but very effective.

Chookyblue...... said...

Great finishes......

Teeny weeny things.

 The tiny bug has bitten. :) :). I saw a post on IG yesterday about making diamond hexies with 3/8th" hexies. Hmm i have some of those ...