Saturday, June 3, 2023

FNwF June

 I had wanted to make an early start yesterday for FNwF hosted by Cheryll but i have a cold & really didn't feel like doing anything. :( 

About lunchtime even though i was still feeling blurgh I thought i'd make an effort. Maybe i should've left well alone as in making a 12" nine patch block i inadvertently miscalculated & it turned out 9' block instead. lol. Maths never was my strong point. lol.

I had to quickly look through my B&C scraps again as i realised what i had picked out wasn't going to be quite enough to make 4 x nine patch blocks.

The 5 blocks that i liked from the quilt aid project from many years ago & are quite busy & bright making it hard for me to decide on filler blocks & what they would be. I did consider a border but have decided to just quilt the top & bind it.

The evening saw me stitching the moth 3 blocks for Owl & Hare Hollow bom.

I had planned on going to be early but ended up watching Hidden Figures. :) So i got a little further along with the stitching than i expected.

Now i'm off to rummage through my blue fabrics for this months RSC.

Pop over to visit Cheryll for links to see who joined in FNwF

Happy Stitching.


11 comments:

Julie said...

Your stitcheries are beautiful Jeanette. Gosh maths never was my strong point either ... calculating quilt blocks would probably do my head in !! 😉 Enjoy the weekend Jeanette. xx

Michell said...

Love the stitchery blocks.

Fiona said...

Hope you feel better.... you did well even not feeling great... the little quilt is very pretty and I am loving owl and hare....
Hugz

Lin said...

Hope you feel better soon, but glad you managed to get something done. xx

Helenchaffin said...

cute blocks,great job on the sticheries,it's been years since I've tried to stich anything,the urge to pick it back up hits every once in awhile in my old age🤣

Sharon Kwilter said...

The block sizes may not have been what you originally intended, but they're still lovely.

loulee said...

Not such a bad day. You made some good progress. Watched a great movie too. Hope you get over the head cold quickly.

Raewyn said...

I hope you are feeling better by now Jeanette. There's nothing worse than feeling not quite able to sew - when you want to but can't! Glad you had some stitching time though - the Owl and Hare Hollow blocks are gorgeous.

Maria said...

Hope you're feeling better.
Lovely flimsy and pretty stitchery blocks.

Susan said...

You did well despite feeling blah!

I remember that Quilt Aid stuff...dont think I even started.

kiwikid said...

I hope you are feeling better now, you did well. Lovely stitcheries. Your blocks look good.

Chookshed Stitchers Challenge for May is #5

 I've listed this table cloth as number 5 It's possibly 20 years old & the silly thing is i only need to add  2 borders & it...