I started the week out tracing the blocks for Tis The season so i can get start but then the floods hit & i spent the next days watching the news. Whilst watching that i embroidered. I then discovered the Gumnut girls were asking for Sewing Kits to be made. Out came the patterns, tossed this one, then that one aside. I asked my daughter to choose. Wasn’t happy with what she chose even though the pattern was quite nice. Back to the drawing board. I discovered a pattern i’d bought fabric for ages ago. That was my choice. Now to trace the embroidery. I had planned to have it in the mail by Friday but with all good intentions that plan went out the window. I then discovered that Friday that a friends house flooded.
I couldn’t get over there until Saturday & this is what her front yard looked like after removing her belongings on Friday
More belongings from the shed were added later.
Not very clear but this is the view from the back window. The house is highset so i was looking down towards the river. Whilst we were there a helicopter was flying around & unbeknownst to us was taking photo’s. We found out Monday when a picture appeared in Mondays local paper. You can just see my son in the front yard. :) About 3 pm these guys turned up to help & they cleaned the shed out. They ran out of room to dump stuff on the footpath & you can see where they had to dump the stuff across the road.
This is what i did Monday. Washed mud off my friend’s shop stock which she had stored under her house. I was lucky my 2 girls helped but it still took 3 hours.
Meanwhile i still persevered with the embroidery & finally the day came when i could sit at the machine. Oh yes i decided i would make a 2nd Sewing Kit.
1st Sewing Kit.
2nd Sewing Kit.
Here we are Thursday & i didn’t get to my hexagons this week.