Sunday, November 26, 2023

Flowers

 I wasn't sure about my desert roses this year. They looked ok but were taking their time putting out leaves. Finally a few weeks back leaves appeared so now i patiently waited to see if flowers would come out. I've been rewarded. :)

Only 2 of my 4 have flowers this year. The big desert rose has buds as of yet.

The hydrangea i took photos of a while back has bloomed. So glad i saved it as it has such pretty pink flowers.

Waiting now for the blood lily to bloom. I was surprised this morning to see how many were in the pot. when i looked the other day there was only one.
this was a pot i rescued from Mum's. So glad i saved it.

The achimenes i rescued haven't faired so well & i'm not sure why. My brother gave me a pot with a few in & it has flowered. There is 4 blooms with another one coming out.

Happy Stitching,





6 comments:

Julie said...

Its all looking very pretty & colourful Jeanette. Gosh that desert rose has such a stunning flower 💗

Lin said...

Lovely flowers - spring is always so exciting. xx

Maria said...

You have some some beautiful blooms to enjoy.

Fiona said...

Lovely plants in your garden..... this time of year is so fun for growth - I am envious of your desert rose - too many of ours have died over the years - I think they get too cold in our winter...
Hugz

Susan said...

Mother nature just likes to keep you on yur toes.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful flowers, my desert rose just has leaves and with the current cold weather I wont be surprised if it doesn't do anything else!

Chookshed Stitchers Challenge for May is #5

 I've listed this table cloth as number 5 It's possibly 20 years old & the silly thing is i only need to add  2 borders & it...