Saturday, September 19, 2026

FNSI September

 I had planned lots of sewing yesterday clearing out ufo's to get them ready to quilt All started off fine adding borders to these two runners


but when i went to get scrap batting & backing out of the drawers it's stored in i discovered ants. So i sprayed & cleaned up that mess. But it wasn't the end. I discovered all 6 drawers were infested. Not a small set of drawers either. I had to chuck some of the wadding as ants were stuck to it. In the end i dragged to drawers outside & gave it another good spray. 

That done i could get the above runners put together ready to quilt. I grabbed another ufo out & had it ready for the hand stitching in the evening.
Those little stockings were so fiddly. :)

Here it is finished
I started to quilt 1 of the runners then remembered i need to add french knots to the ric rac. Luckily i used glue to stick it together so an easy fix.
So that was my FNSI day. :) :)

Happy Stitching,




2 comments:

loulee said...

Ants in the house are not fun. Even less funny in your stash. You still managed to have a good day.

Maria said...

What a pain having to clean out ants. Hope you don't get them back again.
Pleased you did get to do some fun sewing.

stitching

 Alas my machine will be away for 4 weeks so definitely no machine work unless i break out the Featherweights. No new machine as the shop ha...