Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What i've been doing.

In between binding & cleaning last week i did manage to work on some other projects.
BOM's from Shell & Paula,
the embroidery part of a cushion pattern by Michelle for the Christmas club,
 & blocks for a quilt to be made for the out going president of the patchwork club. Sunday saw me back at the sewing machine to bind 4 more quilts.
These flying geese blocks were leftovers from a quilt i made about 3 years ago. Thought they would make a nice topper.
I did this as a BOM back in 2004/05 i think.
This isn't a UFO. I wasn't happy with the way it was quilted. I unpicked it all & had it quilted a different way. I'm so much happier with it. This hanging was made as a RR several years ago.
I made this sewing set for my partner Lisa in Sandy's keeper swap. I posted a sneak peek a couple of weeks back & as Lisa now has it i can show you it. Last night i finished binding the 4th quilt & now i am waiting for it to dry to take a photo. Just 2 more quilts & i'm done. YAY.

Happy Stitching,

14 comments:

Lisa said...

and i LOVE my swap goodness so much.like i said before wow your embroidery is AMAZING.look at those quilts.you make me want to learn embroidery so much more and i want to break into the quilting side alot more to just so pretty.
hugs
xo

Narelle said...

Lots of beautiful work Jeanette ... you're going great guns!
I love having several projects on the go so if I don't feel like working on one there is always another I will.

Anonymous said...

you are a pocket rocket Jeanette,well done on all of these finishes,they all look fantastic and lucky Lisa your scissor keep gift looks fantastic,well done.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Well goodness gracious girlfriend! I thought I was busy! Love everything!
xx, shell

Linda said...

Girl, you've been sewing like crazy!! A good busy, though. Gosh, and you unpicked quilting??? Poor thing. That quilt is gorgeous though. Actually, everything is gorgous! :-)

Michelle said...

Oh my what busy fingers you have!
Everything looks fabulous!

Allie said...

You are incredibly productive! Love that sewing set!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful stitching Jeanette. When do you sleep??? "Mr Meltin" is looking good.

Linda Coleman said...

what an amount of work you've done. Love the sewing set

Sheila said...

Wonderful work Jeanette, you have accomplished so much , congrats on everything , you amaze me at how quickly you can embroider!I think I remember that RR , that was way back wasn't it .It looks great.

Unknown said...

You have been Busy with lots of lovely Show & Tell...
well done.
cheers

Mãos e manias said...

Lots of beautiful things!!! Thank you for sharing!

Terry said...

Everything looks great! That sewing set is so cute! :0)

Bev C said...

Hello Jeanette,

Just love your finishes. I wonder what you are working on now.
Happy days.
bev.xoxo

#4 Chookshed Stitchers Challenge.

 At the start of March i had this pile of blocks. I couldn't get my head around how to turn all these differing block sizes into a quilt...