Saturday, September 3, 2022

FNwF September

 My day started early for FNwF.

I'd finished this hexie flower off a while back but really didn't know what to do with it. The little box it came in just has photo's for ideas no actual pattern. I did think i would make a needlecase but as i was appliqueing i decided it will make a lovely label for one of my EPP quilts.

Next to do was fight with this top to get it quilted. Not sure what the problem was & some of the quilting looks like a dogs dinner. I did unpick a lot but i think my machine just didn't like the wadding. :(

I tried to take a photo this morning before i left for northern NSW but it was just to dark being overcast & this was what i ended up with.

A little photo bomber who thought the quilt was for her. lol

So when i got back sadly it was already dark & i tried again for photo's but didn't like any. Thinking maybe it's just my camera i tried taking a photo with my phone hoping it would be better.


I don't think it's much better. :(

Pop over to visit Cheryll to see who joined in.

Happy Stitching,



6 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I went back through your posts to get a look at those embroidered blocks. Lovely! And I love your hexagon pieces as well. You are making great progress on your projects. Happy Stitching from me.

Susie H said...

I hope you get things straightened out with the quilting. It's a lovely top including the little black decoration! ha! The hexi will make a cute label too.

Fiona said...

the hexagon makes a perfect label..... Cats always seem to make a line for a fresh quilt laid out!
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Sometimes technology just doesn't play nice...
The quilt looks stunning...& Thanks for joining in FNwF...xox

Julie said...

That certainly would make a great quilt label Jeanette. A very cute little photo bomber there ... ironing your quilt for you 😉

Lin said...

Sweet little hexie flower and it will make a great label. What a poser that pussycat is! xx

nine patches

 Somehow i have gotten behind again with my nine patches so yesterday i sat & sewed & i am all caught up. Week 12 week 13 I think i ...