Thursday, February 1, 2024

9 patches & Chookshed Stitchers Challenge

 Yesterday saw me making week 3 blocks for the tiny 9 patch challenge.

teeny size & ....
.... the slightly larger size.

Number 2 is the number for this months Chookshed Stitchers Challenge. Luckily there is an extra day this month as my number 2 is Schoolgirl Sampler. :) :). I started this 3-4 years ago & faithfully made my 4" blocks every week along with the half square triangles needed in one of the borders. This is where i left it.....
......as i moved house right in the middle of the 12 weeks that Kathleen Tracy had given us to make the quilt. I lost interest after that. Several times over he last years i have told myself "get back to it" No i have to do it since it's on my list. So back to making 3" blocks, an applique centre & more half square triangles. I really hope i have a quilt top by months end. 

Happy Stitching,



14 comments:

dq said...

Well, I wish you great luck. This one is going to be a stunner! Three inch blocks are so darn cute! And a pieced border to boot - wow!
You go girl!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Great job getting your Jan challenge complete. I love your teeny tiny blocks.

Lin said...

That's going to keep you busy this month! Good luck. xx

Janice said...

That is quite a challenge you have this month. Sending you lots of positive vibes. You can do this. It will be stunning.

loulee said...

I hope you have a finished quilt too. I'm looking forward to seeing a top at least. Have fun with the blocks.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one! xx

Laura said...

Good luck this month! I am looking forward to seeing this cutie finished! :)

Jenny said...

Good luck with this one! Each tiny block made is one step closer to the finish line.

Fiona said...

I totally adore your tiny blocks.... loved Schoolgirl S - reminds me mine is somewhere waiting to be quilted!!!
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Beautiful tiny blocks, good luck with the School Girl Sampler, I needed nudges to get mine finished.

Julie said...

Those teeny tiny 9 patch blocks are adorable Jeanette. Wishing you lots of luck with the Sampler quilt - looks like alot of work but it will be stunning!! xx

Maria said...

Well done on completing #6 and good luck with #2.
We know you can do it.

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on picking up on a UFO. Good luck with it

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh I am sure your going to get this one done..........go you.........

RSC April

 Yellow is the colour for this months rainbow scrap challenge. Happy Stitching,