Saturday, March 23, 2024

9 patches

 Up to week 10 in the tiny 9 patch challenge. There is 100 blocks of each size. I've surprised myself that i'm still making them. :)


Possibly 20 or more years ago i was given a different blood lily to the one i had but i think it has only flowered once in all those years so imagine my surprise when out watering one day to discover a flower. I was waiting for it to open properly to take a photo but grubs got to it. :(
I turfed that grub off & hoped it would open more but when i went back a day of so later another grub had found the flower. 

Happy Stitching,


8 comments:

Lin said...

What a shame about your lovely flower!.xx

kiwikid said...

Well done with the blocks. Those grubs are very persistent, that is a lovely flower, I noticed one on my bulbs yesterday.

Maria said...

Nice lot of tiny blocks to add to all the others.
So annoying those pesky grubs 🐛

Julie said...

You are doing amazing with those tiny blocks Jeanette. Such a shame about the grubs - I have all sorts here too that wreck lots of havoc on my flowers. xx

marina said...

loving the little nine patches. something so pretty in their simplicity!
it's great time for the grubs at the moment. Just picked one off one of my succulent plants! not happy Jan

Jeanna said...

Your blocks look great! So sorry about the pest on your pretty flower.

dq said...

Mini blocks are just so darn cute. Thank you for putting them into size perspective next to the scissors.

Oh no. Your thriving flower was working so hard, years it appears, to show itself only to be shot down.

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad you're still making the tiny blocks..... They are cute....

RSC April

 Yellow is the colour for this months rainbow scrap challenge. Happy Stitching,