Monday, May 27, 2024

Nine patch Sunday.

 I let myself get waaaayyy behind with the nine patches & kicked myself for doing so.  I had 60 blocks to make so yesterday i got stuck into them.

3-1/2"


2"
2"
Saturday night i pulled out the Christmas bom to finish the satin stitch. Not much was left but i was distracted by making Lucy blocks. :) :)
Now to trim & put together. I ran out of thread when i started doing the borders so i ordered 4 more skeins & i was getting a wee bit worried it wasn't enough as i was on the last skein by the time i'd done all 4 borders. Here is what is left.
I do use only one thread when stitching & 2 for french knots & satin stitch otherwise i would've needed 3 times the amount of skeins for the whole quilt.

Now to find a new project to stitch. :) :)

Happy Stitching



7 comments:

Susan said...

Plenty left!!! though it's always worrying tilyou get to the end... I recently had to raid my scrap thread bucket to finish a stitchery...fortunately I keep the leftovers and found 2 pieces about 6"each...lucky escape!

Maria said...

Well done on getting those tiny blocks done .
So good to have had enough thread for the Christmas stitchery.
Doesn’t take much to distract us….

Julie said...

Well done with all the nine patches Jeanette & your Christmas stitchery is looking very lovely. That snapdragon shade is wonderful. xx

kiwikid said...

Well done with the catch up! The blocks look great. It is always a worry when your thread us getting low!!

Lin said...

Great feeling to get all those blocks made I am sure and nice to finish all that lovely stitching and get a little bit of leftover thread. xx

Fiona said...

All that stitching does use up the thread quickly..... so worth it though.... well done with the blocks catch up...
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

wow 60 thats heaps........they look great.........

Stitching & garden surprises.

 I've been catching up on my nine patches AGAIN. :) Total to date is 280 of each size. Some Lucy blocks. The partly finished one has bee...